Am I the only one who feels that October just flew by?? I mean I feel like one day I was prepping to take my exam and now I am writing this post on my November goals. Even though October flew by some pretty great things occurred for me.
Let’s do a October Goals recap..
- I passed my licensure exam…. on the first try!! Although the exam was not as hard as I expected, all my studying paid off. Leading up to the date, I was scared and anxious; thinking I had not studied enough or as hard as I should have. I prayed before, after and throughout the exam. Thank God!
- After passing my licensure exam I knew that I had a better chance of getting a job. So I definitely was picky in what I chose to apply to. Thankfully I was able to secure a job after my birthday.
- My boyfriend and I went to San Antonio for my birthday. We ate good food, shopped, spent time with friends and overall had some much needed fun.
- I technically haven’t started on my books for the fall; however, I still plan to start with Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It
- I still have yet to carve a pumpkin. It’s not entirely too late.
- I hope to better understand my role as a new manager. The duties and responsibilities of this position are completely new to me. My days are spent in trainings, looking over unfamiliar paperwork, and randomly clicking objects on the computer to better familiarize myself.
- I still have my 6 Books to Read This Fall. However, my supervisor has added a another book to my list A Framework for Understanding Poverty by Ruby K. Payne, PHD. This book was highly talked about at my internship and discussed in a few of my social work classes. It has actually been on my list for awhile now.
- I want to attempt to complete the blog post that I have stored in my drafts and in my notebook. I haven’t worked in so long, when I get off I am tired. Thats honestly lazy I know, but it’s the truth. I’m just waiting until this phase passes.
- Take more photos. I went from being the girl who had hundreds of photos of herself to having thousands of screenshots and pictures of random items. I want to plan outfits and photo dates ahead of schedule and at least schedule 2 outfits at a time. It is not a lot, but I know it will be a struggle.
What are some of your November goals? Have you started working on any new projects?