First Cruise to Cozumel and Progresso
So as you can tell by the title, I went on my very first cruise to Cozumel and Progresso. My family decided to take their second cruise this year. Jai and I decided that it would be cool to tag along. I also wanted to go so we would be able to celebrate his birthday doing something we have never done. Our ship was Carnival Triumph and docked out of New Orleans.
What I Liked:
- Not having to pay for food everyday. The food is included in the price. So all you have to do is stand in line to get your food.
- I am putting the comedy show under my likes, because it was a fun activity; however, I didn’t really enjoy it. It was something great to do, just not entirely funny.
- The on Wednesday night we went to the club to end Jai and my cousin’s birthday. The music selection was not what I would have wanted to hear; however, it still was a great night.
- Two of the food places stayed opened 24 hours. Although I didn’t necessarily want pizza or a sandwich, it was nice to have a place to get food for free when I got hungry at 2 am.
What I Didn’t Like:
- The lack of pools. There weren’t enough pools for the number of guest on board. The pools were always crowded so I never wanted to get in.
- The beginning of my stay the staff wasn’t very friendly. Every now and then I saw a friendly staff member. It wasn’t until the last two days that most of the employees began smiling if we passed in the hallway.
- The lack of activities to do on board. There were some things to do (Bingo, Comedy Show, Trivia, Karaoke). However, I did expect there to be more options for the guest to get involved in.
- The bathrooms were the absolute worse. I expected the rooms to be small (which is why I didn’t had it to this list).I didn’t expect the bathrooms to look like they did. The bathrooms were an ugly pink and blue. The shower was too small. The toilet could not be flushed without the lid being closed.
My dad asked if I would go on a cruise again. I easily responded with a yes. Although I had my complaints about Carnival Triumph, I would like to see what another cruise ship has to offer. I enjoyed the days at sea because they were just relaxing. I did want more activities to do, but I was okay with sitting on my balcony staring out into the water. Upon stepping on the cruise ship, I thought it was big (but my family stated it was small). The more time I spent on the ship, I could definitely see why they considered it to be small.
Although I did enjoy the cruise I must say that I do prefer regular vacations (booking flights and hotels). Having the opportunity to really explore and enjoy a new place is something that you don’t get with a cruise. As I stated, I enjoyed the days on sea. Being able to sit with my family, play cards, eat and relax was great for me.
Overall, for this to be my first cruise I did enjoy myself. I definitely want to go on another one in the future.
Are you interested in planing a cruise? If so, I definitely recommend