Why Started A Blog
This image is courtesy of Alicia Powell
HOW DID I GET HERE. . .
Now that I am in my fourth month of blogging I decided to talk about why I started a blog.
Around my senior year of high school I began randomly reading blogs; I became really interested in all that people had to say, what they wore, and any advice they had. From then on I knew that I wanted to one day create my own. The thought of starting a blog was scary due to me unconsciously comparing my life to those of the women I read. Not necessarily in a bad way; I understood or rather I understand that I have to start from the bottom and work my way up; I’m okay with that. However, starting out, the question I asked myself the most was “Why would anyone want to read my blog” especially when there are hundreds of others out there.
It took a while, but I made my first attempt at blogging in May of 2015. It was short-lived due to too much inconsistency along with some other excuses. However, I decided to give blogging another shot and as a graduation gift to myself in June of 2017 I started DreciaRenee.
WHY I STARTED A BLOG. . .
- To help other people. I have always been that friend that listens well and enjoys helping out and giving advice. Here I want to provide readers with content that they can find useful. Whether you are wondering about how well a product worked or looking for advice about life related issues; I want my blog to be the place for you.
- To inspire and empower others. I have always taken the thought of inspiring others seriously. The smallest act can motivate a person. I love when other people are doing great things. Everyone can be successful. I hope through this blog, women find inspiration to become the better version of themselves.
- To connect with other bloggers. I love to see women doing great things. It is so inspiring to see women setting goals and surpassing them. I would love to connect with other women who are striving for success in their own way.
- To share my experiences. I recently graduated from graduate school. I will be turning 25 this Sunday. There is so much that I want to do and see in the world. I also have a lot of growing to do. I hope to share my journey with others through blogging while I continue to grow in all aspects of life.
- To have an outlet. My desire is that blogging will remain a place that I can go to release. I hope that it can be a great way to unwind and although it will require work, I want it to remain a test that I find pleasure in.
- To have a place to look back on. DreciaRenee will hold plenty of memories and thoughts. In a few years I want to be able to look back on everything that I have wrote about.
PRESENT DAY. . .
I am only in my first few months of blogging and honestly, there are less than a handful of people who know about it. Hearing the opinions of those close to me makes me extremely nervous. I am no where near a pro and all the information I lack is daunting. However, I am hoping that with time blogging is something I improve at from the content to the editing pictures to the frequent posting. I guess the only way to find out is to keep going. All in all my goal is to empower and inspire other women while blogging about life as I know it.
I not only hope that I remain consistent and improve; but I hope that you find something here that continues to bring you back for more. Stay tuned 🙂