This post may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.
Soooo I am a few days late but I wanted to get on and share my goals for October. This is my first monthly goals on the blog so let me just jump into it:
- The first item on my to do list is to pass my ASWB Licensure exam. In May of this year I graduated with my masters degree in Social Work. I registered to take my exam on October 3 of this year. I was extremely nervous leading up to the exam. There have been many people who pass on the first try and many who aren’t so lucky. I literally studied (almost) everyday for about 2-3 months. It was nerve racking, but I must say that I just prayed and gave it to the Lord.
- I am still looking for a job. I will definitely have to elaborate more on that, but for now I am still jobless and searching. It is so much more common to see postings for jobs I don’t want. While it is a struggle to see a posting for a job in my field that I actually want in the area I live in.
- I created a post giving you guys 6 Books to Read this Fall. Now that I have taken my exam I plan to start working on my list. I first plan to start with Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It. I will also be utilizing my NookBook App that I have filled with free books.
- This year my sister and I decided we wanted to carve pumpkins. I hate to say it, but I don’t think I have ever carved a pumpkin. So it will definitely be interesting since I am no where near artistic or creative. But I am definitely up for the fun.
- Soooooo this month I turn T W E N T Y F I V E !! Man time surely does fly by. My boyfriend is taking me to San Antonio, TX. So I am happy to be celebrating my birthday anywhere but at home. He initially wanted it to be a surprise, but he is having a hard time keeping anything to himself. His excitement makes me excited. So please add a successful 25th birthday for me to your prayer list. Thanks 🙂
I made this month pretty easy in regards to goal setting. Literally passing my licensure exam, filling out applications, and enjoying my birthday are the most important. I mean I need an income again and passing my exam helps with that. And like who doesn’t want to enjoy their 25th birthday. So what are your goals for the lovely month of October? Let me know in the comments below.