2017 Quick Recap
BYE BYE 2017! HELLO 2018!
This year I ended 2017 in Oklahoma City. My boyfriend and I attended the Thunder vs Mavericks game. His favorite player is Carmelo Anthony and it was both our first NBA game. I was extremely excited because I was able to check it off on my 101 in 1001. I am slowly but surely trying to mark the experiences off the list.
2017 was a great year. I won’t complain about the “not so good moments” because well something came from them. Just a recap, in 2007:
- Graduated with my Masters degree in the Advanced Standing Program at The Grambling State University.
- Graduated with one of the highest GPAs in the class. Another student and I had the same 3.8 GPA.
- Took trip to Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
- I started DreciaRenee
- Although they did not work out for reasons out of my control, I was offered two positions within my field.
- Passing my licensure exam on the first attempt.
- Accepted a management position in my field.
- Celebrated my 25th birthday.
- Attended my first NBA game.
As I was brushing my teeth this past Sunday morning, I reflected a little deeper on 2017. I started to think about what I was doing to put me in the place that I want to be in the future. I began to think about the steps I was taking to enjoy my life. What am I doing to benefit my future? What am I doing to make the present count. I did not have an answer, and that bothered me.
I could come up with excuses and reasons that things don’t get done. It is so easy to do. Mainly because life is hard, busy, and just simply time consuming. Therefore, I won’t attempt to justify my lack of action with excuses. I’ll just say that I must do better.
I must admit I looking forward to 2018. Honestly I feel that great things are in store for me.
I have never been one to really create New Year Resolutions. However, I have always been a big goal setter. This includes setting goals in the beginning, middle, and end of the year. I want to challenge myself to do better.
Stay tuned this week for my 2018 goals and word for the year.